Re: Valve seals -TC

To: anngene@bellsouth.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve seals -TC
From: PopeyMike@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:02:47 EST
Gentlemen:
I did the same thing as Gene did about 6K miles ago and my oil usage went
from 1qt per tank of gas to 1qt per 3 tanks of gas.  Evidently when the
engines
idles and suddenly when the accelleration is very rapid - the vaccum
sucction created to suck in the fuel from the carbs also sucks in a lot of oil
through the valve guides -  even when the guides are in excellent  shape.

The way I cut down the oil deflectors was to hold them with a threaded bolt
and rubber washers.  Then put it in a drill and spin them like on a  lathe.
The cut was done with a new steel saw blade and finished with a  fine file.
They looked like they originally came out of the engine - very  proffessional.

Just a little patience - ingenuity and lots of gentle love.

I enjoy my MG IMMENSELY.

Michael Balahutrak
53 TD

In a message dated 1/27/2006 6:35:33 PM Central Standard Time,