Valve seals -TC

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve seals -TC
From: "Carole Hall" <chall000@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:24:41 -0500
Guy's;

I have taken the head off of my recently purchased TC. I was smoking slightly
at idle and I had the exhast manifold off anyway to fix a stripped stud.

After stripping the head, all of the valves are in great shape as welll as the
guides, but the valve stem seals were very hard and some were cracked.
(probable cause of the smoking). It seems to me that there must be a better
sealing method out there as my car was rebulilt only 12,000 miles and 12 yrs
ago.

I checked the list's archives and noticed some reference to the use of
"umbrella seals" and some guys using " Ford 6 cyl " seals but no part numbers
or opinions on benefits.

Does anyone have experience with these? Does anyone have a specific part
number of reference to which "Ford 6 cyl"

Thanks in advance for any input.

Phil Hall ( TC 7639 EXU  )