Re: Oil Priming.

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Priming.
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:32:57 -0800
>    We like to see higher pressures these days when we can read gauges.
>Who knows what pressures really are in engines that have only lights?

The pressure can be as low as 7psi before the idiot light will come on.
In his book "Living With the XPAG", Neil Cairns asks the rhetorical
question "If the MG was fitted with an oil light that only came on at
10psi as in modern cars, and no oil pressure gauge, what would you find
to worry about?"

I think that Neil was trying to gently say that we shouldn't obsess
about oil pressure.