Rhode Island Wiring Sevice

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rhode Island Wiring Sevice
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:58:32 -0400
FYI --
The name Rhode Island Wiring Service was brought up in a recent thread
on the MG Enthusiasts' BB about wiring harnesses. I admitted that I knew
nothing of them, even though they're not too far from my home. Today was
a perfect day for some TD'ing, so I made a quick 210 mile round trip to
West Kingston, Rhode Island.

Look at http://www.riwire.com/
<http://www2.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgbbs&exiturl=http://www.riwire.com/>

for more details, but this place should be on everyone's vendor list.
They create harnesses that mimic the originals, but with modern
materials. They're really sticklers for detail. They keep a stock of
'Lucas Wire', already braided individual wires. They will duplicate any
harness that they don't have in their system. They have layouts for MG's
back to J2's. The owner is a fan of T-cars and the head designer has a
70 MGB that he's trying to find time to restore. If you want, they'll
sell you individual wires (minimum of 10') and will braid your home-made
harness for you. The plant is just about in the middle of Rhode Island.
They're really serious about their policy -- Satisfaction Guaranteed or
Full Refund. I'll be shopping there. Please believe that I have no
financial stake in this, just passing the word.

Bud Krueger
52TD
Plymouth, Mass.