Re: TD Tire Sizes & Makes

To: JVK52TD@aol.com
Subject: Re: TD Tire Sizes & Makes
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:32:51 -0400
Last July (2004) I found myself needing a 165R15 tire in the Cleveland,
Ohio area.  I was 800 miles into a TD trip.  The first tire dealer that
I went to tried to sell me an odd size because 'they aren't available'.
I called a fellow lister, Paul Hinchcliffe, and asked him for help.
Paul faxed me a full page of tires, makers and dealers.  The list has
become lost, but here's how Paul put it together:
**************

However, my means of coming up with the list was quite simple.
I did searches on 165R15 using Google, and processed the hits really fast.
I also searched the MG Enthusiasts Archive for 165R15 and came up with brand
names; I then searched for those company web sites, and once on the
corporate web site, looked for a link to dealers.
It took a couple of hours but I came up with plenty of sources.

I'd suggest trying a similar approach.  BTW, Dunlop 165R15 SP20's are no longer
available.

Bud Krueger
52TD