Re: Front end shake

To: "Stuart C. Keen, Jr." <simbafish@comcast.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front end shake
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:56:04 -0500
Stuart C. Keen, Jr. wrote:

> What else should I be checking? I am thinking about getting the wheels
> rebalanced, but since I rotated the tires once in the last two days and thus
> different tires have been on the front, I suspect balance may not be a
> culprit unless ALL FIVE WHEELS were incorrectly balanced.

Your problem may be caused by or exacerbated by incorrect wheel
alignment. As a rear-wheel drive car, the front wheels should be toed in
slightly. If the car will track straight without any shuddering at any
speed with 1/16" toe-in, that's what I would use. If it still shudders
at this setting, I would increase the toe-in, but no more than 1/8".

I would also make very sure that the steering knuckles have no slop
whatsoever and all other front suspension and steering parts are in top
shape.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/