Undersealing - to do or not?

To: "MG T list" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Undersealing - to do or not?
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:38:35 +1200
Giday listers

I'm deliberating whether to paint the exposed underside of my newly restored
and painted TD body. The areas I am talking about are side curtain well, panel
behind rear seats, under the sills etc. and would appreciate some advice.

Were all these areas originally just in body colour?

The underside of my wings have been spray painted in a black rubbery textured
chip guard material (not a thick bitumen underseal) which looks quite good and
I am thinking of doing the other areas exposed to the road in the same sort of
paint  - but brushed on.

My chassis is gloss black - baked on spray finish.

I like originality, but am also interested in longevity and protection. I am
not sure if I will ever enter concourses etc, but would be interested to hear
how painting the underside like this is viewed.

Cheers

Douglas