It's Alive, but...

To: MG T Digest <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: It's Alive, but...
From: "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 13:20:17 -0700
Hi,

After 2 1/2 years my TD is running again.  I figure I've got two weeks
of work left before I can get it inspected and on the road but there's
a problem...

While running when the revs get above 2200rpm the red generator
warning light comes on.

Thinking the generator had gone bad I put a voltmeter on the battery
and I have 12.5v at idle and 14.5v 2200 rpm and above, (actually to be
specific it started out at 13.5v and crept up to 14.5 or so).

If it helps I picked up a volt reg from a guy on the list, (can't
remember his name) on the west coast that calibrates them properly
three years ago.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen
52 TD