Re: Tires for TD

To: rgmorse@morse-associates.com, mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tires for TD
From: Walton <waltonps@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:56:07 -0800 (PST)
Hello Roger,

My first choice; if a set could be located would be Avon Turbosteel Radial.

2nd: Michelin XAS

3rd: Vredestein Classic or Michelin XZX

4th: Firestone F560 or Kelly Metric

Just my opinion of course.

Walt

51 TD Northern California

"Roger G. Morse" <rgmorse@morse-associates.com> wrote:
I am restoring a 1952 MG TD and am to the point where I need to get tires.
I am converting the car to wire wheels (15" X 4.5"). I have seen enough to
convince me to go to radial tires. I see that the most common size is
165R15. Can anybody recommend a particular tire in this size that looks
appropriate and gives good handling? Or if both things are not possible,
then provides good handling.

Roger Morse