Re: TSO CD Problem

To: yd3@nvc.net
Subject: Re: TSO CD Problem
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:45:02 -0500
Doug,

At first I was problems getting it to work with XP and Adobe 6.0.1.
What's worked for me goes like this:
1)  Assure that IE is your default browser (I normally use Netscape 7.1)
2)  Watch for the little security bars at the top of the windows.  Click
on them to allow things to happen.
3)  Be patient.  It seems to take a bit of time for some of the first
screens to load.

I'd also suggest that you copy the CD into a folder on your hard drive.
It makes it easier to check things out and speeds up the whole process.

To keep from getting irritated when nothing's happening, try this --
 From the CD (or the folder) open the \Files\ folder (where all of the
TSO pdf files are located) and right click on any of the TSO pdf files.
Open the file with Adobe Reader, or Acrobat.  You should see the display
of the TSO (or newsletter).

A workaround that I've found for using Netscape is this:  Open Netscape
and minimize it.  Now right click on the file Continue.pdf in the
\Files\ folder.  Next thing you know you have the Index and Data windows
in front of you.

Once you get it open, you'll love it!, At least IMHO.

Bud