Re: Radiator Solution

To: Wayne Francis <whfrancis@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Solution
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:40:33 -0500
(Resending -- forgot edit out the lines)

Wayne, you're sort of pressing the memory buttons here, but let me give
it a try. The function of the two steel rings is to limit the expansion
of the rubber washers.  Fit steel rings around two large rubber washers,
place the set around the mounting studs of the radiator.  Lower the
radiator onto the mounting plate.  Fit two more steel rings around the
other two large rubber washers.  Now place these around the stud as it
protrudes through the mounting plate.  Follow each by a large flat
washer, followed by a lock washer and nut.  To do this you'll need to
shim the radiator up slightly so as to give yourself enough room to
catch the threads of the stud with the nut.  Once you can turn the nut
you can remove the shim, allowing the radiator to sit upon the mount so
that you can tighten up the nuts.

Hope this makes sense.

Bud Krueger
52TD
Plymouth, Mass.  (presently with 30" of snow and drifts up to 6' high)