Installing Moss seat covers

To: MG <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Installing Moss seat covers
From: Stu Keen <simbafish@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:01:41 -0500
Does anyone have a secret for installing Moss leather seat cover kits in a
TD? The seat cushion itself is suppose to be simple and straight forward
but I am not finding it so. How do you make the pleats at the corners and
not have some ripple show on the side. The worse corner is the one that is
at the front and closest to the door (i.e. the most visible corner - thanks
Murphy!). I've probably used a 100 staples and various technique but don't
seem to have any success. If anyone has had experience, I sure would
appreciate it. Also, any information on covering the back with the Moss
leather kit would be appreciated. Schach's Restoration Manual says this is
even more tricky.

Thanks

Stu Keen
1951 MG TD Mark II