TD Ball Seat Shims

To: "MG-List" <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TD Ball Seat Shims
From: "Wayne Francis" <whfrancis@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:11:37 -0800
All -
   I've got the steering rack apart on my early TD for cleaning (grease) and
re-assembly.  The shims for the tie-rod ball housing are absolutely butchered
from the previous assembly with large pipe wrenches.  Moss doesn't carry the
shims; Abingdon is "out" and unlikely to have a shipment from UK til March, or
so.  I can't re-assemble the housings until I get some kind of shims in there.
Any ideas?  Anyone know of a supplier?  Am I going to be cutting shim stock
into little bitty circles?  Appreciate any suggestions.
Wayne Francis
50 TD
Ojai, CA