RE: Dip stick, TF

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mg-t@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Dip stick, TF
From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:49:56 -0500
Terry,
No trick, push a wood or metal dowel/rod into the tube, grip tube with vice
grips or pliers and it should come out easily. The dowel stops the tube from
being crushed. It is a straight press fit.
Bob
Bob Grunau
150 Pinewood Trail,
Mississauga, Ontario,
Canada, L5G-2L1
905-274-4136

Thanks to all who responded to my dip stick problem on the TF.  Most thought
it was because the tube was bent during a rebuild. I have pushed the tube to
and fro but without making much difference.  When the second "stab" gets
down
to the block it sticks big time.  I've tried working the stick down a little
with a file but no help.  Now I'd like to pull the tube out of the block and
take a look at it.  Is there a trick to doing this so as not to destroy it
getting it to come out??
Tnx
Terry