Re: Anybody there?

To: bobmgtd@insightbb.com, mg-t@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Anybody there?
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:09:14 EST
I'll ask a question in an effort to wake up the List!   Can anyone point me
to an article with step by step instructions on how to shim the body tub and
doors to get a good fit?  I'm at that point on the TF.

Interestingly, while assembling the hinges on the doors, I found that I had
to clean up and reuse some of the old 1/4 countersunk bolts as the holes in the
doors were not straight, it was as if the factory drilled them by hand and
then forced the bolts to follow the twist and turns.....each bolt was bent is
slightly different ways so that it would follow its path and then the head
would
end up even/flat with the hinge.  It would be great to talk to someone who
actually worked on the line when these cars were built to see how they did it.

Cheers
Terry in Oakland