Re: [ml] Re: VIN Plate Embossing

To: mini-list@autox.team.net, mg-tabc@yahoogroups.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [ml] Re: VIN Plate Embossing
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:04:03 -0500
Sam Johnson wrote:

> Can criminals do this too??
>
> Seems a bit too easy to me!

Frankly, criminals can do anything they please, unless they get
caught, since they don't care about what the law says.

VIN plates do get damaged and destroyed, or just scuffed up, so
there's a legitimate need for somebody to do the new ones.

Most States accept plates that are pretty obviously hand-stamped with
the little letter and number stamps sold at any good tool shop. I, on
the other hand, want the official (raised) VIN numbers on my cars.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us