LUCAS DISTRIBUTOR SPRINGS

To: british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: LUCAS DISTRIBUTOR SPRINGS
From: rfeibusch1@earthlink.net (Richard Feibusch)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:26:27 -0700
Can Anyone help this fellow from the Brit Car List??

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice Beach, CA
--------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:58:09 +1000
From: Barry Riseley <barry-riseley@trump.net.au>

I have noticed some sort of a murmur from this list over the last couple of
days and have gone through the process of making certain that I am still
subscribed.

I  am what might be described as a "Lucasophile" ( amongst many ruder
alternatives)

I "play" with Lucas Distributors and a have a graphing machine and a
collection of Lucas Catalogues and Manuals, which, although by no means
complete do provide a good source of reference for both parts
interchangeability and test parameters.

One of the biggest difficulties in rebuilding .distributors is getting the
necessary parts, and, of these, advance springs are by far the most difficult

IS THERE ANYONE IN THIS GREAT CIRCLE OF BOUNDLESS KNOWLEDGE WHO HAS A
SOURCE OF ADVANCE SPRINGS?.

IS THERE ANYONE, SIMILARLY POSITIONED, WHO MIGHT HAVE ACCESS TO PRE WAR
ADVANCE CURVE DETAILS FOR BRITISH CARS?

I am going to try and put the basic info I have on to a CD so that it can
be shared, but it would be great if I could go the whole hog and include
pre war cars on it.

Maybe there is someone out there who has access to old Lucas "supersession
lists" which enable part number changes to be traced, as they might unlock
some further specs for me.

I emphasise that I am not a trader or anything else other than a hobbyist
with an interest in the much maligned Lucas systems.

I might add that I have tried to have some springs made but that exercise
ended up as a total (and expensive) disaster so I am looking at other
alternatives.

Any help, advice, sympathy, would be appreciated

Best regards,

Barry Riseley
Tasmania