Re: TD Tub Tub wanted

To: William T Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Subject: Re: TD Tub Tub wanted
From: Bill Putnam <bputnam@powercom.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:21:28 -0500
>...I am in the market for a good restorable tub ...
>
>All info appreciated. Sympathy cards also accepted.
>
>Bill Snyder

Bill,

This is more of a sympathy card than anything else.  Most TD tubs
are by now pretty rotten-both from the wood rotting and the steel
rusting.  Craig Seabrook does a beautiful job making new tubs and
I'd encourage you to consider this.  Compared to the amount of time
and hassle spent trying to piece together bits of junk youself, buying
a new tub from Craig will likely get you a better tub in the end
for a lot less hassle, and possibly not much more expense.

Then again some of us are masochists and enjoy spending hours resurrecting
bits of rusted metal.  Sometimes you can get decent body parts on
e bay.  One seller seems to break up cars and sell the pieces, which
I hate seeing done but FYI one of their sales is at http://cgi.ebay.
com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2485263972&category=42606

Click on view seller's other items for other parts from the car.
I've also seen complete cars on e bay from the southwest USA that
look to be solid body wise.  These often sell at a low price, especially
if they're not running.

Good luck,

Bill Putnam, done that, been there, and next time would buy a new tub...