Temp. Gage

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp. Gage
From: "Mike Eldred" <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:59:14 -0400
Thanks to everyone who replied to my temp. gage problem.
I withdrew the temp sensor and plunged it into boiling water - The needle on
the gage didn't budge a bit.  So off to Nisonger's, I guess.
I guess the capillary tube has been damaged, although I can't imagine how -
it hasn't been abused, and the engine didn't overheat when the radiator hose
blew.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe some of the hot
anti-freeze from the radiator hose spilled directly on the capillary tube
and separated the fluid inside the tube.

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT
'54 TF