Trunnion Question

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunnion Question
From: "S Allen" <scottinthestans@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 15:38:32 +0430
Hi,

I'm putting the trunnions back on my '52's kingpins and I have a question.

The manual says to crank the trunnions down until they won't go any farther
on the kingpins and then turn them out 1 1/2 turns.

This works out o.k. for the lower trunnion, but for the upper one's there's
a problem.

The cut-away drawings show the upper trunnion with the bushing facing out,
towards the brake drum, but 1 1/2 turns puts it with the bushing facing in.

So, in order to maintain the correct attitude between the bushing and drum
do I turn it out 1 turn or 2?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen

52 TD