TC slow run engine control

To: "mg" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TC slow run engine control
From: "Tim Newton" <timnewton@menziesgroup.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:04:05 +1000
Hi All
I need some help on setting up from scratch the slow run engine control. This
is for a 1949 TC that has had 1.5 inch SU's installed with pancake style air
filters, following an engine re-build and bore-out to 1400 cc by the PO.
The only remaining part to the slow control is the dash knob, and not even
this is complete as the cable has broken right at the point it enters the
knob.
I know from the diagram shown in "TC's Forever" what the bracket looks like,
but I have no idea how the complete set up is done. The only parts that I have
collected so far is a slow run lever (to suit the inch and a half carbies) and
a stop with twin lugs. These parts where supplied by the SU distributor here
in Oz.
If the list can help with either a fact sheet, diagram or even better some
photos to explain the entire set up this would be greatly appreciated. Replies
on or off list welcome.
Thanks

Tim Newton