Convair Rally

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Convair Rally
From: "Gunnell, John" <gunnellj@krause.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:49:05 -0500
This morning I deleted a posting from someone who had
unearthed/unstored a TD and was trying to trace down the history of the
car based on dash plaques. I believer one of the plaques was the
"Convair" rally or race.

I did not know about this and deleted the message.

This morning, while researeching early Volkswagen info, I found an item
in the February 1952 issue of MOTOR TREND that starts:

"The MG Car Clubs frst major racing event at Convair Airfield,
Allentown, PA. . . . . "

The items goes on for several paragraphs and describes the track and
the races there.

If this is a match with the car's plaque, I can photocopy the article
ans snail mail it to the interested MG owner.

John Gunnell
Old Cars Weekly
Iola, WI
'52 TD, '54 TF