Re: Alignment Specs & character sets

To: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Alignment Specs & character sets
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:04:02 -0400
Hope I haven't confused too many of you.  It appears that the computer
that mjb uses to crunch all of the list info doesn't recognize some of
the extended characters, such as the symbol for plus and minus and the
degree symbol. In an earlier post I used the plus/minus symbol in
regards to the tolerance for castor angle, the 2 degrees plus/minus 1/2
degree came out as
2 1 1/20.  When I saw that I decided to stop using the plus/minus
symbol.  I didn't notice what happened to the degree symbol.

In my latest post, the camber as 1 degree positive (plus or minus 1
degree) came out as 10 positive (plus or minus 10).

BTW, the degree symbol can be printed by holding down the (ALT) key and
entering 248 on the numeric keypad.  Also, the British pound symbol is
(ALT) 156.

Bud Krueger
52TD