TD owner on today's Car Talk

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD owner on today's Car Talk
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:53:45 -0500
Problem:

Engine missing and loosing power after diving for an hour or so at high
RPMS. Said it seemed like two cylinders were cutting out.  He mentioned
4,000-5,000.  Car was a 52 TD.
It seemed to quite after shutting the engine off and letting it sit for
15 minutes or so.

Ray (I think) said he had a 51 TD.  His recommendation was to make sure
carbs were topped up.  I don't think that's the problem.

My recommendations:

1)  Check coil and condensor
2)  More likely is problem is fuel delivery.  Low fuel delivery starves
the front carb.  Correction would be to clean all of the filters
including the one in the fuel tank.

Any comments from the peanut gallery?

Blake