Re: Fan Belt Problem

To: ted@the-jacksons.net
Subject: Re: Fan Belt Problem
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 07:41:36 -0400
Ted,
   It would seem that the front mount has collapsed.  If my memory is
correct, its block of rubber is about one inch high.  With a correct
mount in place, the starting handle should slip easily into the
crankshaft fitting and the belt should clear the crossmember.
   Front mount is easy to replace. Just lift the engine a bit, remove and
replace.
   Rear mount is suspect also, since it gets more oil than the front
mount. Its replacement is more difficult. Allow a half a day for that
job.
Bob