Re: Wood Floor Boards, Seat parts

To: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Wood Floor Boards, Seat parts
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:31:36 -0500
Hi Bill,

Welcome to the fold.  You'll probably want to acquire a copy of Horst
Schach's book "The Complete M.G. TD Restoration Manual".  It's a
step-by-step restoration of a TD and has detailed photos that can be
very helpful in figuring out what goes where. The book isn't perfect,
but it's a heckuvalot better than whatever's in second place.  You can
buy the book directly from Horst for about $45.  His email address is
hschach@uky.edu.  He'd probably autograph it if you ask.

It is not necessary to buy premachined floorboards, or any of the other
wooden components.  Floor boards are particularly easy to make from a
decent, waterproof, 3/8" plywood.  I don't know of anyone that provides
patterns, but I'll bet that you can find some if you ask around.  I'd
also suggest getting familiar with the MGBBS from the UK
<www.mgcars.org.uk/> and then click your way to the TD-TF group.  It
gives you access to a lot of experienced folks who'll be happy to help out.

Bud Krueger
52TD