Re: T cruising speed

To: "Dave & Liz DuBois" <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Subject: Re: T cruising speed
From: "Ray" <spook01@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:13:43 -0500
I think <61.18 MPH at a piston speed of 2500><This is the piston speed
generally agreed on as
the point above which excessive wear occurs> bears out the statement that you
are on the edge at 60 MPH cruise speed.
In fact, the 2500 fpm limit can be extended with chromed bores and Teflon
coated pistons, and modern lubricants, along with proper balancing.
The XPAG engine really did not have as its design parameters max rpm
continuously.  Or, so as to not overstate, not even close to it.  Having said
that, I think we can all agree that these are robust long stroke engines.
In closing, I suspect that your TBO extension is more likely due to improved
lubrication with modern oils.
Monstra mihi pecuniam!
Ray