Re: T cruising speed

To: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: T cruising speed
From: Dave & Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:56:26 -0700
Mike,

Thanks for pointing us to the Auto Car report on the TD.  I have long
maintained that 4200 RPM (where our TD spends most of it's time
cruising) is harder on today's driver's nerves than on the car.  I have
never really considered a lower (numerically) rear axle ratio even
though we have twice taken our TD on 5000 + mile trips through the
Western US, both times cruising at of least 60 MPH and with absolutely
NO problems what so ever.  I especially liked the portion in the report
that says "considering the Midget not only as a sports car, but also
shopping and general purpose car which it so readily becomes".   My wife
and I both chuckled at this because that is exactly what my wife used
our TD for  this summer, since the MGB (our only other car other than a
butt ugly Mazda pickup that we would rather not be seen in) was
undergoing open engine surgery.  The TD served not only as her shopping
car around town, but also we drove it for running errands and for going
to Seattle (70 miles) and Tacoma (35 miles) for events and socializing.
Again, all of the open highway driving was at 60+ MPH with the original
5.125 rear axle.
Cheers - Dave