Re: Worm infestation & MGA part number

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Worm infestation & MGA part number
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 02:12:10 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:35 -0700, Dave & Liz DuBois wrote:

> About 50 per day of the Sobig virus is right.  I cringe everytime
> something takes awhile to get past our anti-virus screening, knowing
> that another one is coming in.  Fortunately, it appears that the FBI
> caught the scumbag that was sending that one out, so maybe it will ease
> off after a bit.  Hope that they hang the sorry SOB by a part of his
> anatomy that will cause him the most pain.

No, the person who wrote the Sobig.F Worm is still at large. The FBI
caught the person who wrote one varient of the Blaster Worm (Blaster.B).
That one doesn't travel by e-mail so isn't as well known to the general
public as the Sobig.F Worm, but it caused a lot of problems on corporate
networks.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E