TF Battery

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TF Battery
From: "Gunnell, John" <gunnellj@krause.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:17:47 -0500
Good Morning Mates

   After a year of loving my chock-full-of-character TD, I have purchased
another car that hasn't seen much use in the past 40 years -- a TF 1250. It
arrives today on a truck coming from the East Coast to our little Wisconsin
village.

   Friend who checked it out and baby sat it after purchase says "You'll have
to jump or charge the battery," which has the ring of "you need a new battery"
to me. This raises three questions:

   #1 - How to charge or "jump" the battery in a positive ground car (I believe
it's still + to + and - to - )

   #2 - If a new battery is needed, is it necessary to take the bonnet (hood)
off and does the TF bonnet remove the same way as the one on my TD?

   #3 - What is the best type of battery to buy? (Group No. etc.)

John Gunnell
OLD CARS WEEKLY
Iola, WI