Re: VIN Number

To: vping@optonline.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VIN Number
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:18:21 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/03 18:19:20 Pacific Daylight Time,
vping@optonline.net writes:

<< When I purchased the car I only had a clear picture of the body type number
 which is 22381 & everyone has the same number.

 I would like to give them the correct VIN number.

 What number do I give them? Body#, Car#, or Engine#. >>

Use of the engine number as the VIN was common in the old days......the
correct VIN is the chassis number.  It is stamped on the chassis near the
dumb iron.....I don't remember which on the TD.  Some one the list should
know.
Terry