HEATING PROBLEM

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: HEATING PROBLEM
From: "Lee J. Streepey" <streepey@sunset.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:15:36 -0700
I have a friend who is not on this list that is having a overheating
problem with a 1955 TF 1500.  I offered to query this list for him and
pass on any helpfull ideas.

To correct the overheating he has so far:

Installed a new thermostat.  Didn't help so removed the thermostat and
installed a diverter.  Didn't help so reinstalled new thermostat

Took radiator to a radiator shop.Was found to be clear.  Did not rod it,
did boil it out.

Installed new water pump

Distributor had a wobble - replaced with an electronic ignition.

Has run boil out gunk through the engine twice - had little or no
residue

Installed electric fan.  All that did was that if he leaves it on when
he stops after driving, it doesn't boil over.

Any help appreciated

Lee