Re: TD Heat shield / Vapor Lock

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>,
Subject: Re: TD Heat shield / Vapor Lock
From: "Peter Thiel" <pthiel@QuixNet.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:31:31 -0400
<<the XPAG/XPEG engine is one BIG hunk of cast iron (for 1250cc) in a
relatively small engine bay. It seems to take forever to cool down. Maybe
the sheer mass of the engine is contributing to vapor lock.>>

 This is just to help heat your garage in the cold weather, I'm sure!
Seriously, though, my '61 Sprite also used to experience hard starting in
very hot weather after a short stop, and this was in the early '70s. There
were no louvers, and I just lived with it. Were there reformulated fuels
then too?
Pete