MG TD Wheel Studs

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG TD Wheel Studs
From: "MGNUT" <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 07:12:30 -0700
My 1950 MG TD is getting closer to being back on the road all the time, the
major body and mechanical restoration is substantially complete but now I am
looking at the "smaller" details. Some of the wheel studs are not in the best
of shape with mangled threads from someone trying to jamb nuts on from the
looks of it.

My question is, has anyone replaced the studs in their cars. I don't want to
wail on them to drive them out of the drum just in case they are not a splined
fit. I haven't seen any reference to them anywhere. Also, if they are
replaceable, is there a standard stud that can be used or am I stuck with the
early whitworth thread.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Brian Smith