Tie rod boots

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tie rod boots
From: Curt Strohacker <strohacker@acadia.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:18:35 -0400
I am restoring a '50 TD and have found most of the suspension components
within tolerances (amazing!). Of those the tie rod ends are original (I
think) and I need a set of boots before I can reconnect them. They do not
have the retaining clip that is used on Healey's and Morris Minor.
Most of the US supplies only sell replacement for the newer style. Does
anyone know of a source in the US or UK that sells the old style boots? Or
something that will work?
I have seen them sold at Beaulei (sic) and other UK auto jumbles, but not here.
Curt Strohacker
'50 TD