Faulty Parts follow-up.

To: "'mg-t@autox.team.net'" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Faulty Parts follow-up.
From: "Guenther, Corwin E (Corky)" <GuentCE@NORTHAMERICA.Stortek.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 18:42:29 -0600
First:  it was not my intention to start a "supplier bashing" session with
my initial posting.  I just wanted to get the word out that a problem (with
possible serious consequences) existed.  The contents of that posting were
excerpted from the full communication I sent to Moss that day.

Second: I received a call (he left me a voice mail) from Moss' Director of
Quality Control shortly after his arrival in the office that morning.  He
assured me that he had frozen the stock and would contact any other
purchaser of these parts and to that end, was checking with me to determine
through whom I had purchased the parts.

Third: I believe that he was grateful that I had taken the time to fill out
a "Quality Audit" form on the Moss web site with particulars (not just
ranting on) about the problem.

Fourth: during our conversation when I called him back, we talked about the
need to maintain a supply of parts and at reasonable prices.  I, for one,
drive my TC as many of my personal acquaintances do.  I am not looking
forward to the day when I might have to virtually park the car permanently
(on a trailer) because of a lack of affordable or even available parts.
Cursing the suppliers to the wind doesn't do anything to forestall that day.

Fifth: the response I have received from Moss has been excellent.  They are
taking (in my opinion) appropriate action and have treated me fairly and
respectfully.

As an aside, I think that it is probably a good thing that the failure
happened while we were traveling on an interstate.  19" wheels make pretty
good gyroscopes and that along with the castor and minimal steering change
requirements may just have saved the day (so to speak).  I'm not as sanguine
about what might have happened had the failure occurred the next day while
we were touring the PA countryside on twisty back roads

Regards,

Corky Guenther
TC8438EXU