Re: Virus?

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>, mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Virus?
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 23:42:58 -0400 (EDT)
The "Snowhite" message and the file attachment indicate that the sender's
PC is infected by the Hybris Worm.  You'll find a "BCPL.NET News" message
about Hybris that I sent out to all my Internet customers a while back at
the following URL:  http://www.bcpl.net/news/news.20010205a.hybris .  It
contains links to additional info if you want more.

How are you trying to filter for it?  If you're filtering based on the
"From:"  address it may not work because despite what you see on the
"From:" line (Hahaha <hahaha@sexyfun.net>), the so-called "envelope From"
is empty in the Snowhite messages.  Try filtering by "Subject:", which is
always "Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL story!".  That may or may
not work, depending on the filtering capabilities of your mail program.

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)               E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services          Voice:   410-887-6180