Re: Floor Boards

To: David Tinker <davidtinker@xpag.co.uk>, mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Floor Boards
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 22:56:02 -0600
Dave:

I would think that the outside edges of the floor boards along
with the areas next to the heal board and the short transmission
tunnel with the parking brake, should be symetrical.  That is
they are mirror images of each other.  The front edges next to
the toe board are different as are the edges against the forward
transmission tunnel.  If you can wait a few days, I can supply a
pattern sometimes towards the end of the week.  I have someones
TD that I was working on, but put it in unheated storage to work
on another project.  The car needs to come back into the shop
now.

3/8 inch or 7/16 thick four or five ply exterior grade plywood
works well.  I think I used 3/8 ths for one car I did.  It may
have voids where it is cut which will need filling with a mixture
of saw dust and waterproof glue.  Marine grade ply would be
better, but it is more expensive, and in my area impossible to
find.

I don't think you're missing any of the toeboard.  The rolled
edge for the tunnel area quits around the starter and the whole
passenger left side next to the clutch cover just sort of hangs
in the air.  When the forward transmission cover is bolted in, it
supports the floor board in this area.

Bullwinkle

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
Toebrd.jpg]