Re: When should the carbon seal seal?

To: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: When should the carbon seal seal?
From: "David Tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:54:52 +0100
Hi Scott,
Stick with it. You may find it will leak for a little while but the seals
should bed in. I remember the water pump on my Etype leaking badly after it
had been standing for quite a while, and as I was going to a meeting I had
to take the car and put a can of water in the back just in case.  It
eventually stopped leaking. Do you use your car on a regular basis and do
you add corrosion inhibitor to the coolant.
Regards
David Tinker