Re: Discovering The Wheel-Again

To: "Bill Loubiere" <loubiere@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Discovering The Wheel-Again
From: "David Tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:16:25 +0100
Hi Bill
Some 3 years ago I fitted a Kenlowe Electric fan to my 51 TD. I found it
worked OK on short to medium distance journeys, but distance ( more than 60
miles ) the engine got too hot, especially if you are waiting at traffic
lights and by the time the fan cut in the engine temp had risen too high to
cool effectively. I had tried many temperature cut out settings over that
period without really solving the problem. A month ago I reverted to the
original fan blades and I am completely happy with the cooling. OK it takes
a little longer to reach running temp ( that may have something to do with
the thermostat ) but it does not overheat any more and I push my TD quite
hard!!.The cubic capacity is now around 1350cc. I should add that I also
fitted a restriction into the bypass hose which must also have had an
effect. The moral of the story ( for me ) is to save your money . Anybody
want to buy a Kenlowe fan !!!.
Hopes this helps you to reach a decision,

Regards
David Tinker