Re: Mystery Coolant Leak

To: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mystery Coolant Leak
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:57:07 -0700
Scott,

I suggest that you send your water pump to Phil Mario along with a late type
impeller seal and two sealed bearings (SKF# 6301-2RSJEM).  Also send the
pulley.  Phil will rebuild the pump and install a Morse taper shaft (that he
makes) so you will never get pulley wobble (a common problem).

Phil is an excellent machinist.  After he does his magic, you should end up
with a
water pump that should last a long time.  Phil may be reached at
909-352-4419.

See page 27 of the February 1998 issue of the TSO for a write-up on Phil's
water pump conversion.  I have had one of Phil's water pump rebuilds in my
TF for some time with no difficulties.

Ben