Re: Mystery Coolant Leak

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mystery Coolant Leak
From: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:02:58 GMT
All,

The general consensus from the list seems to be that the carbon seal on my
water pump has gone bad, or a piece of rust got stuck in it.  I'll be able
to see if this is true tommorow, but assuming this is, it'd be the second
carbon seal failure I've had in as many years.  My first water pump was from
Abingdon Spares, while the second was from Moss with them having one and two
thousand miles on them respectively when they went bad.  In both cases, I
ran them for a bit on my drill to seat the seal per the instructions.

What am I doing wrong?

I should say that I have not pulled my core plugs yet as I was told this was
done 500 miles before I purchased the car...  I'm thinking I need to do it
again as maybe some debris are getting into the seal and ruining it.

As always, thanks in advance,

Scott

'52 TD

http://profiles.msn.com.