Re: What are some of the ways to keep heat out of interior of TD?

To: "jimmy dunn" <jimmydunn@mindspring.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What are some of the ways to keep heat out of interior of TD?
From: "lbprince" <lbprince@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:44:29 -0700
I'm not certain what kind of matting you installed, but the two layer
sandwich type worked extremely well in my TF.  It is about 1/4"  felt with
a thin layer of aluminum glued to one side. The aluminum reflects heat back
toward the engine.  (The aluminum side of the matting goes on the engine
side.)

Also, I installed the matting virtually everywhere -- against the firewall,
on top of the floor boards, and over the transmission (under the rugs of
course).

As I recall, I paid about $30 for a roll when I bought it about three years
ago from JC Whitney.  It also serves as an excellent sound barrier.

You also should seal every hole (big and small) in the firewall to make
certain that no hot air is blowing in.  Use clear silicone, plates and be
meticuluous.

Ben Prince