Re: What are some of the ways to keep heat out of interior of TD?

To: jimmydunn@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: What are some of the ways to keep heat out of interior of TD?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:18:39 -0400
Jim,
  There isn't much you can do besides the additional padding to keep the
heat out. But, you might check the openings into the cockpit to be sure
that the rubber grommets are in place around heater hoses (if fitted) and
the seal is around the steering column, and that the rubber bellows on
the pedals is intact.
  A lot of air can come past the steering column if that seal is missing.
 The replacement seal is expensive. If you're not a stickler for having
the perfect piece down there where it can't be seen, you can jury-rig a
seal with a piece of carpeting fitted behind the little metal clamp.
  Operating temps of 80-90C on the gauge are correct. That's what the
handbook shows. 80C is only 165F more-or-less anyway.
Bob