Bonnet Strap (was Re: TF alloy body, update)

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Bonnet Strap (was Re: TF alloy body, update)
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:03:41 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, david.tinker wrote to mg-t@autox.team.net:

> Incidently, when I purchased the TF it came with a leather strap
> across the bonnet, attached to a chromium plated yolks each side of
> the bonnet. Was this a period accessory and should I keep it?.

Whether or not yours actually dates from the mif 50s is another matter
because they have been available more or less continuously since
then, but it's a fairly common period accessory.

--
Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E