RE: Ammeter

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ammeter
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 20:19:14 -0700
Listers and Jimmy Dunn:

I've sent this out three times, 10 AM and 3 PM, and 7 PM and I
don't think anybody is getting it.  I checked the archives under
my email name and the message isn't there.

I received two emails this AM from a Jimmy Dunn which came
directly to my address.

One asking about an ammeter hook up and another, the first, with
the attached file XXXXXX.XXX which I deleted. This is an
executable file with a name referencing the begining of the new
year ninety-nine.  I am afraid that majordomo is throwing out my
messages because it has the name of the worm in it.

This wormed message contained no body, but had the heading "RE:
Ammeter" and the same heading as the second message.

I replied to the question but have not received any reply
although the mail didn't come back.  Below is the second 'clean'
email along with my query.  If this is a 'bogus' address than we
have a hacker reading our mail.

****************************

>            Re: Ammeter
>       Date:
>            Thu, 8 Jun 2000 07:18:57 -0500
>       From:
>            "jimmy dunn" <jimmydunn@mindspring.com>
>         To:
>            "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>
>

> Blake,
>          my needle on my ammeter swings 10 amps to the positive
>  side, do you think it may be wired backwards?
>
>   Thanks
>    Jim Dunn
>    52 TD

My reply