Re: 4.3:1 conversion

To: simbafish@home.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 4.3:1 conversion
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 23:32:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 6:53:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
simbafish@home.com writes:

<<
 I was at the Carlisle Import Show a couple weeks ago. I was told that
 the problem is improper preload adjustment. One called it a "light load"
 adjustment. Another said it was a bearing placement, another thought it
 was placement of the pinion. My concern is whether or not this noise is
 doing damage and if it should be fixed? If it needs to be corrected,
 where can this be done reasonably? There is no local garage with
 experience with this conversion and therefore I would have to ship the
 rear end (a real bummer). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stu, you need to buy Carl Cederstrand's book from Moss Motors.  Carl
pioneered this conversion.
Terry