Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Re: MGTD Paint

To: fold@bcpl.net, mg-t@autox.team.net, mg-tabc@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [mg-tabc] Re: Re: MGTD Paint
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:37:32 EDT
In a message dated 00-05-31 17:25:51 EDT, fold@bcpl.net writes:

<<     It was an EXTENSIVE list, including a choice of several different
radios
 > (!), metallic (!) paints, two-color paint schemes (!), luggage racks, dual
 > spare wheel carriers, axle ratios, wheel & tire sizes, etc., etc.
However,
 > there apparently was no wish to reveal all these choices to the average
 > customer!  If he'd buy a "stock" car (regardless of color, trim, etc.)
that
 > was GREAT, and simplified life for everyone.   >>

Carl is talking about the prewar situation, not TC and TD's which had few
options.
I have a poor xerox copy of that salesman's handbook.  It covered SVW cars
too and Tickfords.  During the 30's you could order your MG as you liked it
and that included some metalic paints for just a few quid extra.........all
of that changed after the war.  I know some dealers dolled up TD's to get
them to sell but I doubt they repainted them in metalic unless they had been
wrecked.
Terry