Re: TF Restoration.

To: david.tinker@virgin.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TF Restoration.
From: "Ray McCrary" <turbine44@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:11:18 CDT
There is something that is VERY important to remember:
Aircraft (private) have an annual inspection that is a virtual teardown of
the craft to inspect for corrosion. AND they are coated with anti corrosives
every year or so.
Commercial a/c are inspected on an ongoing basis (PS checks) A major
inspection involves disassembly of the aircraft.  You may like the TF, but I
think that you won't do inspections like this.
The anode idea works. BUT you WILL have to replace the thing.  JC Whitney
sells a good setup.
Alloy works well for car bodies, I have several alloy cars. But I get tired
of the millions of little dents that small rocks off the road put in the
wings.  You may find yourself remaking the car every few years.
I would plan on it, if you drive it.

Best Regards,
Ray McCrary
"Speed is Life;