A-arm replacement advice, please

To: mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: A-arm replacement advice, please
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:01:25 -0400
Hi folks,

    I'm about to replace my left front A-Arm and would appreciate a bit of help
from those in the BTDT category.  The Workshop Manual seems to be saying that
one only needs to jack up under the spring pan ... "until the hydraulic damper
levers are just clear of the rebound rubbers...".  (This being done with the
front of the car jacked up and safely supported.)   Somehow this just doesn't
feel right.  I sense that there is still pressure from the coil spring so that
removing the bolts would be courting disaster.  Can anyone help me out of this
quandary?  TIA.

Bud Krueger
52TD